Wednesday, August 19, 2015



In preparation.

Here we are again, after a few weeks of Eva being sat on the driveway we are finally ready to drag her to another fun location.

This time we are heading to central, well, south Oregon, to Paulina Lake. At this time I have to confess we had no idea where Paulina Lake is, or why anyone would go there. When our friends that live in Reno suggested going there it took us a fraction of a second to say “yep”. There are many interesting details that make this journey so, so cool , for us:

1. We get to hang out with our friends we do not get to see enough.
2. It is no hook ups, so we get to be self sufficient J
3. It will be hot. We think we have a “heat management” program in place for me and the hound. When I say “we” I mean my wife!
4. Paulina Lake is at about 6500ft and is a in the top of a volcano. Really. How cool is that!
5. There will be in total 9 people and 3 hounds camping out. We will be the only trailer, our friends will be in tents. It is the first time we have been “camping” with friends since we have had our Airstream. We have welcomed requests of sharing our fridge and grill. Just don’t ask to share my water!!! :)

There are a few details that still need to be worked out. I am in a total list mode – it has been one of those weeks:

1. Eva is going back to the dealer for the AC to be looked at again….
2. The stupid UFO TV antenna is being changed out for a King widget. Not that we are expecting to watch TV on this trip, but as we are having warranty work being done, may as well have this “fixed” too.
3. I still have not got the solar hooked up. No excuses here, I have everything…. Just need to make it happen.
4. Payload. Now this is a totally interesting one. I drove over some CAT scales and was, well, shocked. I have my rear axle maxed out, the front has about 400lbs spare and the trailer has approx. 1000lbs spare capacity. So yes, I am not correctly loaded!!!! I will be playing with hitch washers and load balancing this weekend
5. I just want both my lists to match…

We are a week out from the trip. Can’t wait to add another 4 nights to the years total :) (which is 35 nights fyi). The shopping continues, we have added the following to Eva’s inventory!

1. Dyson V6 cordless, as much as I shopped around, it had to be a Dyson in the end.
2. Patio rug thing, a smaller one at 6x9 but should be enough to keep the puppy happy.
3. Extendable brush to wash Eva with.
4. TV antenna. The UFO is just not good enough. We went with a King Jack Antenna. It can me rotated and has an inbuilt signal meter.
5. Magnetic knife rack, they were cluttering up the drawer!
6. Damn! This list is ruining my symmetry.
7. Silicon roll up drying mat. We had one previously but it was to thin so we got the Oxo one like we have in the house.
8. 3 hook rail. This is the kind of rail where the hooks fold away, now we have a place for coats and towels to hang out!
9. Fridge fan to improve air circulation, the bottom gets icy and top not so much.
10. “Snip the tip” fridge thermostat, hopefully this will offer us better temp control. Other people report back that it helps.
11. Logitech harmony “home control” remote. We have the “Ultimate” in the house and it is awesome. The “home control” should be perfect for Eva.

So there we are. A lot going on ahead of this trip. We are really, really looking forward to it. When we get back I will post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment